Tuesday 24 May 2011

The Best Laid Plans

The best laid plans of mice and men...............
I had my next couple of months organised workwise, or so I thought. One of my major projects was due to complete by 1st June - now, through no fault of mine, it will be postpone until June 27th! Worse yet, a project due to commence on site works next week with a completion end of the first week of July has had a legal hitch which, although not a deal breaker, will delay [yes another one] the finish date as far as my work is concerned until late July or possibly early August. Now this is a problem as, in order to get the best possible flight deals and believing [foolishly as it has turned out] that my Spring/early Summer projects would be finalised I booked my outward journey to my place in Spain for 18th July.

It now looks like I will be doing a little extra flying in order to come back to the UK to supervise the final move before returning to continue my annual hols.

This is the first year I have tried to get away for a longer spell and it seems doomed. If I can't even manage to get longer holidays then retirement looks even further away. Still it is nice to be wanted and considered indispensable.

No comments:

Post a Comment