Saturday 2 April 2011

The Bedroom Chair

Why does The Man assume the attractive white chair we have in our bedroom is for his personal use as a depository for all the clothes he cannot be bothered [his version "needs first thing in the morning"!!] to hang up or put away in drawers or straight into the laundry basket? I have been battling for years to wean him off this habit. No matter how often I tidy up, the chair gets refilled.

Now we have our property in Spain he is taking the practice to international levels. I created a writing table within our bedroom which naturally needed a chair [hard to write or type standing up]. Within days he had appropriated said chair for the usual purpose. I protested that it was bought to match my writing desk and he was not allowed to leave clothes on it. Next thing I see a folding black plastic chair brought in from the store room placed in a corner rapidly disappearing beneath trousers and tee shirts etc. every night.

I know I cannot/and do not expect my bedrooms to look like a Elle Decoracion photoshoot but if anyone has a cure please respond.

3 comments:

  1. My husband is the same so I took the chair away and now he hangs up his clothes in the wardrobe or on the chair in the spare room. When we go away to a hotel the chair is soley for the purpose of laying out his clothes. Yes, it's definitely a man thing.
    I'm so pleased to have 'met you'. It sounds as if you have a very busy life reading your profile and a few of your posts. I'm off to have a good old snoop about and I have signed up to be your newest follower.
    Warm wishes
    Carol from facing 50 with humour
    ps thank you very much for joining my band of followers. I hope you enjoy your visits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, that Facing50Blog.com lady is a harsh taskmaster to her hubby, isn't she?! (It's alright Masia Mum, we keep meeting and, in fact, I think she is stalking me!!!!). We have a trouser press in our room (never used for that purpose. If I had my way, it would have been gone a long time ago), but my husband decorates that with all his clothes. Shirts, t-shirts, trousers and sweatshirts. I get really cross, because I don't know what's clean and what is not, and usually end up washing the whole flipping lot. It is obviously very much a man thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally gave up after 45 years. You just can't train a man - a puppy is much easier.

    First time at your blog - enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete