Monday 5 July 2010

JULY 5th 2010

Less than one month to go before I escape to my home in Spain. When we first thought about buying a property abroad it was going to be just for my husband and myself with a couple of rooms for when the kids might come on holiday with us. Somehow we ended up buying a property in conjunction with my husband's brother and his wife and sharing with them the ownership of a 14 acre private estate! It has been a labour of love over the past 5 years to restore the 200 yr old "Masia" and create not only a second family home for our own family, but a home for our co-owners and two huge apartments for holiday lets.


I get seriously relaxed when I am at Vista Alegre except when it is time for the Olive or Almond harvests when I have to turn estate worker and use muscles I had forgotten I had.


This year we will have visitors with us most of the Summer - luckily my husband loves to cook and friends and family seem more than happy to lend a hand.


Meanwhile I have a heavy month of work to get through first before I can board the plane with one of my charity clients having a major re-organisation of their space this weekend which will mean no lie-ins Sat. or Sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment